Author: Mauricio Escobar Mármol Published: 18 May 2013.
Want to have a website that ROCK!?
Below are my key SEVEN fundamental factors all successful websites have in common:
- Uncluttered: successful websites allow visitors to quickly scan information. Clean designed websites that promotes the right amount of information are the winners. To get more tips on Web page design you can read my post on effective web design.
- Credible: websites that rock offer credibility clues such as: professional design (great look and feel), business history, case studies, easy to find contact details (address, phone numbers), awards, videos, testimonials, experts and/or celebrities opinions.
- Great content: unique and relevant content related to how their products/services solve a customer issue. Some of very successful content types are: Expert interviews and/or case studies, “How to” articles, Interviews with producers (factory workers, service delivery staff, etc), behind the scenes articles, Sneak peaks of their new coming products and/or services, Industry trends, Consumer Question and Answer articles, Breaking news and/or weekly wrap ups, Sponsorships (National, regional, community, individual levels), Community involvement (donations), Awards and recognitions articles, e-books, games, webinars, Celebrity articles or celebrity appereances, Consumer contests and competitions, Surveys results and insight.
- Visitor details capture and segmentation: Successful websites know when it is the precise time to ask for visitor details information. Do not ask if there is not a strong reason for visitors to leave their details.
- Conversion: Measurable activity in Google Analytics ( or any other web analytics platform) and optimize accordingly.
- Buzz: successful websites allow visitors to like, comment and upload new and relevant content. They make use of blogging platforms and social media widgets.
Hope the below helps you prioritize the key areas when improving or creating your website. eDigital can help you strategise your website revamps and source unique and relevant content.
- CALL Mauricio Escobar Mármol on 0481 367 711.
- Check Mauricio experience and recommendations on LinkedIn.
- Connect with eDigital on Facebook
Author: Mauricio Escobar Mármol
Revamping or building a new website? Our 6 wins for effective user navigation
- Clear call to action. Right at the top! Read 14 tips for effective call to actions.
- Bread crump navigation (no flash)
- Follow the grid
- Ample white spaces
- Balanced text and graphics
- Consistent branding throughout (header, footer)
- Great Wireframing and prototyping tools: HotGloo and Mocking bird.
- I can help your business manage your website revamp project. Just contact me via Phone: +61481 367 711 or via Skype.
Google Adwords -Top tips - Super easy to implement and save you money!
1. Link your Google Adwords to Google Analytics so you know what search terms really convert. TOP TIP! If you do not know how…give us a call or find instructions here :) Tip: To make the Google Adwords/Analytics linking work you need to also ensure the Auto-tagging box (under My Account>Preferences>Tracking) is ticked. If you do not this the linking will never work
2. Do not procastinate and run different ads: Google will automatically show the best performing ad (best ad with highest Click through rate).
3. Be smart with your ad text: Google allows you for intercapitalization (once capital letter per word) and use of symbols ($#@&%_+) One symbol per ad.
4. Strong ad call to action: what do you want people to do when reading the ad… be clear and concise.
5. Run image ads: If Google Display Network is on. Take advantage and run iamge ads. If you have the images and need to crop them or polish them; use Picassa; free image editor software for images. It will help for static images but not for rotating or animated images.
6. Optimize image ads: start with “broad reach” and if you are not happy then you can use the “network tab” and select specific websites you want your ad to appear.
7. Use adextensions within your Google Adwords ad: This will help you with your Click Through Rate. It will allow your ad to show any of this options:
- Location extension: Show a link within your ad of your Google Places
- Call extension: Show a link within your ad with your business phone number.
- Site links: Show extra links within your ad to popular/relevant pages of your website.
- Products links: Show extra links within your ad to your top/relevant Google Merchant pages.
- Social links: Show a link within your ad that goes to your business Google + page.
8. Get free advice! If you are in Australia, you can reach Google Adwords Customer Service team on 1800 211 552, Monday to Friday from 9am to 6pm EST . Have your customer ID ready. Their team is fantastic and super useful to answer any question you might have.
Top two things a marketer should know
- Cost to bring a new consumer.
- Average customer life time value per consumer/customer segment.
Once you know this, you can optimize your comms plan accordingly.
Best take aways from Cannes Lions 2011. Enjoy Mauricio.