Saatchi & Saatchi NYC. Learn more about Lovemarks.
Television - My raw Notes from the 2020 Vision
- Tv and the internet work together.
- Consumption of television is increasing and other new media
- People are multitasking thats why all media channels are increasing consumer time
- Every US household have 32 electronic devices…the consumer appetite is massive.
- People now can consume content everywhere, at the office, on the tube, on the train, on the back seat fo a car…people can not only chose what to watch, how to watch it but in slices.
- Social goes into big screens, personal go into intimate personal screens.
- Kids growing up will expect “end screen” or multiple screen..how people can watch a movie stop it and then resume it on other media platform. This way kids will be able to own the media…manipulate it and decide how to consume content.
- Millions of new TVs are “smart tv” which means 10 million tvs to be sold this year will be connecting to the internet and search. Personalizing and tailoring content.
- Users will be able to set up their location and likes, what they are doing so they can get more relevant content.
- As life gets so busy, people are working harder, people need to chill and relax and watch great story telling.
The Power of Audiences:
- If you are in media business you are in the audiences business.
- Empowered consumers decide now when and where to see content and how to share it.
- Every month there is more video in Youtube than the whole tv content ever in America.
- Audiences attention spam is the scarciest commodity.
- Audiences want and now to be able to feel and affect the outcome of what they see by participate and engage and get involved with content.
- Transmedia combined mobile, online and tv experiences to create a whole ecosystem to engage users.
- Interactivity simply increases the level of engagement.
- If a viewer is at the level of being so engaged, they will champion it, care about it, and then will share it and spread it more actively, participate on it and become loyal.
- Participating audiences will create a strong permission marketing. Ideas will shape the creation of content. Bottom up ( viewers) are becoming more influential.
- Audiences did have have a democratic media to participate, now they have and get the chance to change the content.
- A 360 degree level of engagement is when a viewer likes content, participate on it, share it, and even go out and create content that reinforce their believes and connection with other believes.
- Collaboration between audiences and producers is increasingly become the most powerful trend and the next big thing where you ( yes you) and I create any type of content together.
lET’S TALK ABOUT 3D TV
- The most evolutionary thing in the last 60 years and it will last as it totally creates a different experience. You will be in the film, you will feel totally difference it will make the user be more immersive AND will amplify the feelings around it.
- 3D will be 6 million units this year in America. quite successful. The ecosystem is still a challenge but sports and gaming will drive the take up.
- 3D will not work if the story is not great. Story telling is still the most important factor when talking about content.
- How delicious the look, the sound, the images will deliver a magical experience to the consumer. Total quality crafting is hugely important. Anything that can help this (3D) is going to be good as the experience will be richer and more rewarding and will produce a more rewarding experience.
- As 3D makes the user be in the middle of different sensory experinces, uptake for 3D tv will become more and more POPULAR.
The future of TV advertising
- The thing that makes tv special today is its ability to reach large audiences in a relatively short period of time.
- Advertisers love tv as Tv delivers intimacy, mystery. it delivers a fantastic story right to the target. The 30 second spot continue driving talk in other mediums including internet and word of mouth.
- Interactivity of tv will allow click through opportunities and direct results to advertisers.
- Reality tv strong audiences appreciate that content..and they talk about these content on other media channels and what this does is it increases audiences to the reality tvs.
- The paradigm of reach household is becoming less relevant. Segmented demo and psychographics will be more important.
- Personality when targeting viewers will be like a relationship where there is a level of respect that needs to be had. And ultimately the brands that respect persons and individuals and provide them with something that it is really personal and valuable will win.
- Tailored content will need to really assess the incremental return you are going get from the incremental effort and investment you are going to need to create tailored great content.
- Great branded content, well produced is like teenage sex: eveyone talks about it, few are doing it and the ones doing it and not doing it well.
- Consumers gravitate towards content, experiences, work that they find rewarding, because what the have is time and the have a fix demand of it. So the premium is going to ever better work.
- Public interest into the “every day hero” will become more and more popular with personal media platforms and content.
- Primetime will become more valuable as more need for aggregated audiences to advertise to.
- Huge appetite beyond the tv show.
- Smart producers are thinking about the transmedia opportunities,m how to extend those shows to different audiences, on different ways.
- The idea of shopping while your are watching will grow and it really makes sense if you see something you like, to be able to buy it.
- Soon, we will see more brands creating content and brands sponsoring the creation of new content including music, movies, etc.
- Participatory experiences will become more popular and will use any type of medium ( transmedia) as it will make the stories more interesting.
- People will continue to do great stuff as human beings will forever want to express what it is to be human and how they are changing the world. Ultimately people want to be connected.
- CALL US ON +61431324899
- Check Mauricio Escobar (eDigital Director) experience and recommendations on his LinkedIn profile.
- Connect with eDigital on Facebook
- Find out eDigital Sydney SEO services from Sydney SEO consultants and Sydney SEO experts. We offer SEO audits and content optimisation advice.
- Check out eDigital Social Media Strategy and Social Media Management services.