HOW TO CREATE A PRODUCT VIDEO REVIEW FOR YOUR WEBSITE - TOP 14 TIPS
(Click on the above image to see all videos)
Publishing product videos on your website can increase dramatically visits and conversion rates. Marcs & Spencer saw a dramatic 25% uplift in basket size from online visitors who watches videos. Video provider experts such as Treepodia also have showcase fantastic examples on how video can help your website convert more.
As I could not find anything on the web that compares different product video reviews, I would like to share some top tips to consider when creating a product video review.
The above examples are from the Footwear/shoe retail industry. .
The Key insights and top tips on How to create a product video review are:
- Branding: offer branding elements to reinforce where company promotes the video. You can see above how Eastbay, Running Warehouse, Runners Point (German website) and Wired use excellent branding at the start and finish of each video.
- Uncluttered background. Clean and clear background tend to work well. Lululemon, Runners Point and Zappos are great examples above.
- Good sound. Ensure you video has a clear sound. DO not make your viewers make an effort to be able to listen.
- Be Creative. Use different approaches so you keep the viewer attention. Merrell and Lululemon are great examples on how to bring a video with a different approach. Lululemon does not even use voice. Runners Point also uses a great presenter hands technique (moving product from hand to hand) to ensure the viewer does not get bored.
- Call to action: once the video is finished, what would you like the viewer to do? visit a website? visit a store? make a call? fill in a form? be clear. Online Shoes and Runners Point are great examples above.
- Unique. Is your video content really giving a unique information, do not just say what it is already available on many website.
- Credible and Genuine presenter. Be sure the presenter is credible and genuine. Viewers need to feel they trust the presenter.
- Suitable dress: make your presenter wear suitable clothes related to your industry. You can use this as a way to reinforce branding. Online shoes example above you can see how the presenter is reviewing an Asics shoe wearing a Nike top - not really nice match. Runners Point and Eastbay are a great example of dress-product matching.
- Lighting. Ensure is totally clear to see the product you are reviewing.
- Test. Have your producer to test different techniques and different products, use multiple cameras and zoom ins; before you decide the final taxonomy for your video.
- Enjoy the process of creating product video reviews. It should be fun.
- Benchmark. Compare how your videos are doing (traffic) with your competitors.
- Customer Feedback. Get feedback from your customers (put live some 10-20) before you go and produce a couple of hundred product review videos.
If you are still not sure why you should have a video content strategy please read this article from E-consultancy.
Contact us If you are interested to run a product video review test.
- CALL US ON +61431324899
- Check Mauricio Escobar Marmol (eDigital Director) experience and recommendations on his LinkedIn profile.
- Connect with eDigital on Facebook
- Find out eDigital Sydney SEO services from Sydney SEO consultants and Sydney SEO experts. We offer SEO audits and content optimisation advice.
- Check out eDigital Social Media Strategy and Social Media Management services.