As more consumers and media audiences are zipping and avoiding advertisements; more brands are looking into innovative ways to engage consumer segments with Branded Entertainment Content (BEC) that can be watched, interactive, recorded or user generated.
The options now seem unlimited: online gaming (with monetization through virtual currency), webisodes, movies, interactive videos, mobile apps, branded reality shows.
Most global media agencies are now set with Branded Entertainment divisions: Liquid (Starcom), Carat Engage, GlueIsobar (Aegis), EXP (MacCann); just to name few.
In 2011, we will see more brands across the globe producing it’s own programs, videos and series and negotiating distribution deals with top media companies and/or retailers.
Some examples of best branded entertainment content in 2010 were:
- Keeping Keeley Lynx Campaign: Letting the user decide movie path.
- Real Zombies Attack - Hell Pizza Campaign : This is very similar than lynx but for a pizza brand in New Zealand.
- Sun Newspaper UK - GlueIsobar Campaign: one of the most popular viral ads in the UK in 2010.
- Master Chef and Fox 8 Football Super stars
How to fund BEC and how to measure their impact is still the challenge for Brands that are just beginning to recognize the importance. Also, how Brands deal with the complexity of multiple distribution points across platforms such as Broadcast TV, pay TV, online, mobile or Interactive TV. Which approach is best – brand funded ( your brand funds the production and distribution of the content) or brand-enabled (your brand pays for the final outcome and product placements).
- CALL US ON 0481367711
- Check Mauricio Escobar experience and recommendations.
- Connect with eDigital on Facebook
- Find out eDigital Sydney SEO services from Sydney SEO consultants and Sydney SEO experts. We offer SEO audits and content optimisation advice.
- Check out eDigital Social Media Strategy and Social Media Management services.