Google Australia launched today: Shopping tab - What this means for your retail business?
Opportunity to promote your catalogue and get extra traffic and sales straight from Google Australia Searches. Submit your catalogue now by registering to Google Merchant Centre.
Read Google Australia Shopping Policies before submitting your catalogue.
How to measure Social Media and General Media pick up before (pre) and after ( post) a retail launch.
Zara Sydney Store Launch - New Retail clothing brand - Australia.
Zara Sydney store will finally open doors tomorrow. it took them 35 years after being found for Zara clothing brand to open it is first store in Australia.
With an enviable 69% increase in net profit last year, Jesus Echevarria (Zara’s chief communications officer) has the responsibility to create a successful Zara Australia store launch tomorrow. Zara Australia stores (one planned to open in Melbourne at the end of the year) will be one of the biggest retail clothes brand playes in Australia.
Zara Sydney shop is planned to open just two days before Sydney siders leave the city in masses for easter holiday break taking most of the attention for holiday and travel plans.
Would the new Zara Sydney lauch tomorrow create some social media glue and general media attention?
Well, Below is a simple baseline (using free tools) on how the “Zara” brand is just one day before launch and the idea is to compare those numbers after four weeks of launch date and see how successful the Zara clothes brand picked up general media and social media coverage.
The below data does not pretend to be an exact way of measuring social media coverage but can give retailers and very good indicative on how to measure social and general media reach with free tools.
Current Zara clothing position (baseline) as of today (one day before it is Sydney store launch) is:
- More than 400% increase in searches (see graph above) for “zara” related terms in Google Australia.
- Google Australia general search for “zara clothes” filtered by just results from australian sites = 104,000 mentions. “zara clothing”= 196,000 mentions.
- Google Australia image search for “zara clothes” filtered by just results from naustralia sites = 38,300 mentions; “zara clothing” = 60,400 mentions.
- Google Australia Discussions (forums) search for “zara clothes” filtered by just results from australian sites = 191 mentions; “zara clothing” = 134 mentions.
- Google Australia Blogs search for “zara clothes” filtered by just results from austrlaian sites = 16,300 mentions; “zara clothing” = 3,580 mentions.
- March 2011 Local searches (Google keyword tool) for the below keywords: “zara australia” = 9,900, “zara clothing” = 5400, “zara sydney” = 4400
- Google searches for “zara sydney” -glaister site:facebook.com = 151 results.
- Google searches for “zara sydney” -glaister site:twitter.com = 33 results.
I will compare this figures after four weeks to see how much general media and social media the Zara brand pick up.
keep tuned :) and also if you have any other free tool that might be relevant to measure pre-post launch, please let me know.
comScore lanched Digital Analytix.
The media release mentioned that it links audience demographic data with web analytics data/usage patterns.
It would be very interesting to actually see it but I could not find any video yet. If you know where/how to watch an explanation of this new web analytics platfrom, please let me know.