Author: Mauricio Escobar Mármol Published: 18 May 2013.
Want to have a website that ROCK!?
Below are my key SEVEN fundamental factors all successful websites have in common:
- Uncluttered: successful websites allow visitors to quickly scan information. Clean designed websites that promotes the right amount of information are the winners. To get more tips on Web page design you can read my post on effective web design.
- Credible: websites that rock offer credibility clues such as: professional design (great look and feel), business history, case studies, easy to find contact details (address, phone numbers), awards, videos, testimonials, experts and/or celebrities opinions.
- Great content: unique and relevant content related to how their products/services solve a customer issue. Some of very successful content types are: Expert interviews and/or case studies, “How to” articles, Interviews with producers (factory workers, service delivery staff, etc), behind the scenes articles, Sneak peaks of their new coming products and/or services, Industry trends, Consumer Question and Answer articles, Breaking news and/or weekly wrap ups, Sponsorships (National, regional, community, individual levels), Community involvement (donations), Awards and recognitions articles, e-books, games, webinars, Celebrity articles or celebrity appereances, Consumer contests and competitions, Surveys results and insight.
- Visitor details capture and segmentation: Successful websites know when it is the precise time to ask for visitor details information. Do not ask if there is not a strong reason for visitors to leave their details.
- Conversion: Measurable activity in Google Analytics ( or any other web analytics platform) and optimize accordingly.
- Buzz: successful websites allow visitors to like, comment and upload new and relevant content. They make use of blogging platforms and social media widgets.
- Responsive and approachable: Successful websites communicate what visitors can expect and are responsive to any queries or questions. You can also read how to deal with difficult commentary here.
Hope the below helps you prioritize the key areas when improving or creating your website. eDigital can help you strategise your website revamps and source unique and relevant content.