TOP NINE TIPS WHEN BUILDING A MOBILE APP FOR YOUR BUSINESS
Are you looking into i-phone application as the new way of reaching and engaging consumers with their brands.
Before you decide to engage a digital agency to build an mobile or i-phone application for your brand, you should:
- Check your web analytics data and find out how many visits are coming from Mobile devices and what percentage of total visits this represent. This will give you a very good indication on how your customers are accessing content from you.
- Be where your kpi’s are. Do not loose focus on what the key kip’s of your business are. if you still have to optimise your website, or fix key SEO errors or still create compelling content; work around that first instead of creating another mediocre channel. Far better to have a fantastic; deep content website that search engines and customers can find that having a website plus a mobile app that does not deliver at its full.
- Be relevant Your idea of an i-phone application really brings relevance to your product and service in the real world? or add real value to your product and service? There are thousands of mobile applications out there which do not offer real value. Make sure if you build one, you build one that is brings a new level of engagement to your consumer segment. A new level is found when people pay for it.
- Focus. Decide the top two features of your mobile app and ensure barriers of entry are there so you do not get competitors building an even better app some weeks after you launch your app.
- Be interactive. I-phone applications do not mean just games and push content. They can also be a channel to push discounts on point of sale, view exclusive content, make payments, refer friends, push brand/user generated content to friends through facebook/twitter, create alerts, find updates, get support…anything…You have to think here very big and interactive.
- Be specific when briefing. Put together a detailed brief on what your app should be, how it should work/engage. Use your trusted network to find top three Mobile App providers and get some quotes against your brief. Ensure a Non Disclosure Agreement is signed by parties so your app idea does not get leaked to competitors. If you app functionality needs to be phased, you might want to include how the other phases will work and get an estimate for future development.
- Talk to other clients Ask your potential App developer to tell you the top three Apps they have created and call the companies and ask how the provider has performed. This will give you a good idea on how good they are not just building apps but offering maintainance and customer service. You might want to engage a local provider that you can have regular face to face catch ups even if you have to pay premium service.
- Be quick. Thousand of apps get created and published everyday so you might not be the only one seeing the market opportunity. Focus on progression rather than perfection, even if this means you have to launch a basic version of your app first.
- Optimize your app. Ensure you are using the right app name so people can find your app easily. if it is a “Free” app.. tell upfront or even if it is a “Lite” version of a premium one. Ensure your app title, app company name, app description, keywords and image titles include the top keywords you believe people might type when looking for an app like yours.
- CALL US ON +61431324899
- Check Mauricio Escobar (eDigital Consultant) experience and recommendations on his LinkedIn profile.
- Connect with eDigital on Facebook
- Find out eDigital Sydney SEO services from Sydney SEO consultants and Sydney SEO experts. We offer SEO audits and content optimisation advice.
- Check out eDigital Social Media Strategy and Social Media Management services.