Is your editor-web writer publishing content optimized for Google and users?
To stand out of the crowd (billions of content web pages) you need a check list to ensure every piece of content you create is unique, relevant, offer some advantage/benefit to the reader, is SEO friendly and that readers will share it or link to it.
There is no doubt that content is king when prioritizing your efforts, time and budget allocated to improve your website and generate extra new visits and more repeat visits.
Below is a checklist I have curated after more than 10 years helping companies create content for the web. This unique check list will help you ensure every piece of content you publish is unique, relevant, SEO optimized and fundamentally that your readers will be very likely to share it and link to it.
WEB CONTENT CHECK LIST - CREATION AND PROMOTION OF YOUR CONTENT
- Niche. I have selected selected a niche topic and know the top three search queries I want my article/content page to optimize for.
- SEO. I have added these two/three search combinations on my page title, page description and H1 tag. I have added ALT tags to all my photos in my article.
- Internal linking. I have created an intro paragraph that links to parent section pages and other relevant internal pages.
- External linking. My article links to relevant external websites with better Page rank and popularity than my website.
- Comprehensiveness. I have added compelling photos/video to offer readers visual clues to “hard to understand” concepts. My article language that my average visitor will understand and relate to.
- Tangible examples. My article do not just tell but “show”. My article uses case studies, industry trends, videos, photos and other content to make it extremely unique and compelling.
- Quick scanning. My article makes use of bullet points-tables so my readers can easily scan key information. Remember some people do not read online, they quickly scan for key information.
- Highlighting. I have used bold words to highlight keywords within the article.
- Re-create. My article has re-created content from a podcast, white paper, manual, even from instructions or insights I have sent to many clients.
- Take advantage. My article take advantage of popular national celebration, events allowing more chances to be picked up by search engines. ie: “Top tips for this year New York Marathon” this article might work if you sell energy drink, sporting apparel, etc…
- Call to actions. I have added clear call to actions (What you would like people to do once the complete reading the page) including key website goals: ie: link to registration form, to contact us form, link to my business Facebook page, Youtube Channel, Flickr, Twitter,etc.
- Publishing, crawling and ranking. I have checked my article has actually been published (Yes, sometimes articles get finalised but noone press the “publish” button), that Google has crawled and ranked my article.
- Article promotion - Free channels. Once my article has been published, I have promoted my new page on all e-newsletters I have access to (partners, providers, customers, employees), promoted the article on Google Plus, Facebook page, relevant Youtube videos, Twitter account, Local/National Media; linked on popular blog posts.
- External promotion - Paid. I have updated my Google Adwords account to start bidding for related terms and drive traffic to my new article page.
- Internal promotion - Free. I have linked to this new page page from other similar pages on the site.
- Review. I have created an alert to review my article content in 6 months/ 1 year time as there might be new information available that might make my article even more compelling. (Google loves fresh content!
Contact us, we can help you audit and improve your website content.
- CALL US ON +61431324899
- Check Mauricio Escobar (eDigital Director) experience and recommendations on his LinkedIn profile.
- Connect with eDigital on Facebook
- Find out eDigital Sydney SEO services from Sydney SEO consultants and Sydney SEO experts. We offer SEO audits and content optimisation advice.
- Check out eDigital Social Media Strategy and Social Media Management services.