How to promote a new facebook app ideas- 20 tips to promote facebook apps/facebook applications
The other day, I was aksed how to promote a facebook page 12 hours before the facebook application launch…It was a bit too late..did some google searches but not much information so after some days putting my creative hat I have came up with the below ideas/tip. Hope you find them useful for promoting your facebook application. :)
BEFORE BUILDING IT, CREATE MEANS FOR VIRAL EFFECT
1. Make a competition or contest for your target market to decide what and how they want an application to be and work. Same users to be able to vote for the best creative idea. This will ensure your app when launched already have a fan base.
BUILD FUNCTIONALITY THAT PROMOTES SHARING
2. Make one of the application main features to engage other friends into the use of the application. If friends do not play with the app the experience is not as great. Examples:
Pringles island party application :friends are invited to win a party in an island.
3. Ensure your application offers a custom result that users are happy to share and/or show off. this will totally give a viral effect and will make the application to be used by more people. Examples:
Pringles Conga: users upload a photo of them so the end result is customized.
4. Add sharable options at the end of the application. Share on twitter/facebook/email..make sure the sharable options and not boring copy but cool call to actions and have the same tone, look and feel as the facebook application.
AFTER LAUNCH - USE YOUR MEDIA CHANNELS & TARGET KEY SEGMENTS
5. Submit it to the Facebook apps directory AND facebook developers blog/forum. They will for sure be interested on what you have build, play with it (test it) and recommend it to people.
6. Create a facebook ad campaign targeting the people you want to use the facebook application. They might click on your ad, run the application and promote the facebook application to friends/family members.
7. Promote the facebook app heavily on your website homepage and other website you might own.
8. Tweet about the facebook app once a week, explaining benefits/ the fun of it/ etc.
9. Send it to facebook profiles with more than 2000 friends and give them some giveaways for sharing the app on facebook.
10. Contact key bloggers to review the app and talk about it on their blogs/tweeter/facebook accounts.
11. Promote the app on store or retail presence or events.
12. Promote the app on thank you pages when people are just about to leave your website.
13. Make a competition for the first 100 people to use the app and share it with friends on facebook to win something cool/relevant.
14. Any media releases about the new app needs to include the app url address.
15. Get celebrities (at least one relevant) to endorse the app and tweet/facebook about it.
16. Allow users to provide feedback about new features so you know how to improve it and get more users to the app.
17. Promote it in your next e-newsletter.
18. Promote it in your facebook page: in the wall/ images and make a poll about it.
19. Send the app url address to providers and partner companies so they can also promote it to their staff in their e-newsletters.
20. Make a video about your app ( the story, behind the scenes, how it was built, why it was build, what the benefit is, etc), upload it into your youtube channel so users can embed the video on their own sites and blogs….bringing extra free promotion to your facebook application.
I can help you define, develop, promote and track your facebook application project.