Author: Mauricio Escobar Mármol
I visited today Platformation, a new collaborative, co-work office space in Alexandria, Sydney that aims to offer a channel for collaboration, innovation, entreprenourship and openness that increase productivity and networks. eDIgital will offering a free audit to their Google Adwords Account and ways of optimising it. We welcome any ideas on how to promote this great space :)
Google Adwords -Top tips - Super easy to implement and save you money!
1. Link your Google Adwords to Google Analytics so you know what search terms really convert. TOP TIP! If you do not know how…give us a call or find instructions here :) Tip: To make the Google Adwords/Analytics linking work you need to also ensure the Auto-tagging box (under My Account>Preferences>Tracking) is ticked. If you do not this the linking will never work
2. Do not procastinate and run different ads: Google will automatically show the best performing ad (best ad with highest Click through rate).
3. Be smart with your ad text: Google allows you for intercapitalization (once capital letter per word) and use of symbols ($#@&%_+) One symbol per ad.
4. Strong ad call to action: what do you want people to do when reading the ad… be clear and concise.
5. Run image ads: If Google Display Network is on. Take advantage and run iamge ads. If you have the images and need to crop them or polish them; use Picassa; free image editor software for images. It will help for static images but not for rotating or animated images.
6. Optimize image ads: start with “broad reach” and if you are not happy then you can use the “network tab” and select specific websites you want your ad to appear.
7. Use adextensions within your Google Adwords ad: This will help you with your Click Through Rate. It will allow your ad to show any of this options:
- Location extension: Show a link within your ad of your Google Places
- Call extension: Show a link within your ad with your business phone number.
- Site links: Show extra links within your ad to popular/relevant pages of your website.
- Products links: Show extra links within your ad to your top/relevant Google Merchant pages.
- Social links: Show a link within your ad that goes to your business Google + page.
8. Get free advice! If you are in Australia, you can reach Google Adwords Customer Service team on 1800 211 552, Monday to Friday from 9am to 6pm EST . Have your customer ID ready. Their team is fantastic and super useful to answer any question you might have.