Sports Fans use of Social Media. Check out findings from GMR Marketing study
- Sport fans are 10 times more likely to check the Internet for breaking sports news than they are to turn to sports radio.
- Slightly more people use Facebook and Twitter than national news websites, at 41% to 40%.
- 86% of respondents check sports news at work and even during work meetings
- 13% get their breaking sports news from TV, and 4% from radio.
- It doesn’t matter where fans are; social media lets them get their sports fix in any place, any time.
- Nearly three quarters of respondents said they’ve checked social media for sports news at a party, nearly 70% during a meal, and 58% while in the bathroom!