Author: Mauricio Escobar Mármol
Work in the automobile industry? Check out Google Insights on Automobile shoppers purchase path.
- Sixty-three percent of new vehicle purchasers begin their search with a specific brand in mind but only 20 percent of shoppers buy the vehicle they first researched online.
- 73 percent of in-market search activity involves cross-shopping.
- Eighty-seven percent of new owners say they’re likely to buy the same brand next time, but only 56 percent end up as repeat purchasers. Owners cite service moments as brand influencers.
What you can do:
- Focus on being found and being favourable.
- Drive consideration and purchase intent across screens to reach the most open-minded shoppers.
- Amplify the attachment.
- Enable endorsement through social, review, and maps channels.
- Use newly accessible customer information to anticipate maintenance needs and to delight owners.